Saturday 2 July 2016

Top tips for holiday packing!

A friend told me this would make a great topic as she is going away this weekend thought it would help her with her packing which I know for a fact I will be using these tips for my self.

When it comes to packing deep down we all hate it, the check list making sure we have everything packed and we all want it done days before we go away but it never ends up that way. It's always a last minute panic, it's ether from the six pair of shoes we look at, the holiday dresses we have seen and the extra cute things we see and want to wear and of course we think about the hair and make up we need to look good for the nights out but do we really all need everything we pack!!! Travelling light is way hard than it looks than people think because it's always the extra things you need.

First thing is to lay everything you want to take with you out on the bed and then half it, we never wear everything we take with us, we pack way more than we need we all do it. Everyone feels different on holiday so take the clothes you feel the most comfortable in.

When it comes to going on holiday we think shoes but really you don't need that many shoes than you think. Break it down, do you really need 4 pairs of heals and 5 pairs of sandles which look the same, NO. Take a pair of nude or black sandels these can be worn for a night out or a day at the beach. Flip flops you know are going to be used for walking around the pool, when it comes to it take one ot two pairs as your on holiday it's different wearing sandels if they are heals or flats it doesn't matter I bet you half the shoes you take won't even make it out of the suitcase, look at your clothing take a nude and black colour you can't go wrong with these as they go with everything. This saves space in your suitcase for things you are going to need and remember always pack the shoes at the bottom and in the corners of the bag.


Roll every item of clothing that can be rolled it will stop from creasing and will arrive in the beat shape possible for you. 

I absolutely love scarfs but this is an amazing idea for you and I will be using this one as I love scarfs so much I have about 15 of them, scarfs are light and the material is so thin. You can wear tbem to make an outfit or when it's a chilly afternoon and to wrap around your arms, use this for the beach, wrap it around your waist this will easier to pack than having loads of shorts in your case and will look a not better also think about it.

Take a see through washing bag with you add your sun cream, lotions, shampoo. They are light weight and the best thing is they are see through so your be able to see if you missed anything as we all know we panic when we think we have forgot something and I am one of these people I will go crazy thinking have I forgot this but seeing it there in the bag makes everything that big better. Also buy them travel bottles for lotions. I have to pack my face cleaning products and will not leave home without them, even more on holiday as your going to sweat  from the heat and also you don't know what they use in their pools, I love having clear skin so making sure I'm still cleaning my skin the way I do at home makes me feel better. The travel bottles are amazing for this and also takes up alot less space than you think and they only cost a pound for a set of them.

Make a check list and one by one tick it off while putting the iteams away. Make sure you do a good few days before you go because we all hate rushing last minute don't we. I always try and plan but it never works maybe I will get better at this.

What has been said is you really only need about 10 main items of clothing for holiday as you can  mix and match. When it comes to going out on the night that's when it's like what do I pack. Hopefully this would help you. Take a going out skirt and then few tops to make this outfit you can wear the skirt more than once, light wear dresses do not take up space at all so take a few of these as you can use the scarf your taking for the beach to wrap around your arms if you get chilly on the night. Like I said the 4 pair of shoes you are taking go with everything you don't need to have a different pair of shoes for every night trust me you won't wear them. The towels take up the most space and they are the heaviest thing you will be taking put and there is a few ways you can go around by doing this. You can ether roll them tight and place them in the sides and corners of the suitcase or you can lay them flat right at bottom or the last thing you put in the suitcase lay them flat over everything you are taking and then zip up.


Enjoy and getting packing guys x

No comments:

Post a Comment